Let's Cook

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Citrus Pound Cake

This recipe comes from Tammy Dean via my daughter, AJ and OH MY...it is so good. No glaze necessary on this cake. I typically use butter instead of margarine because margarine is just glorified plastic. Also, I copy/pasted this recipe as it came to me so what it doesn't define is the type of cake pan. A Bundt pan works great for this cake. No tube pan necessary. But do grease and flour well.


I made this just a few weeks ago and froze half of it. It was wonderful!

Citrus Pound Cake

3 c. flour
3 c. sugar
2 sticks margarine or butter (room temp)
5 eggs (room temp)
1/2 c. oil
1 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 1/2 tsp. orange extract

350 cold oven
Add sugar and margarine; then add eggs one @ a time
Add oil a little @ a time, add flour and milk alternating, then add extracts, grease pan & dust with flour. Bake for 1 1/2 hrs.

No comments :